Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Stonehenge Chapter Night


A day in Salisbury today meeting with my barrister colleague, Michael, who is advising us on a potential big case. I also spent a pre-arranged hour in the morning with our new HR Director discussing future plans for the interaction between the lawyers and the HR Business Partners. All in all quite a successful day. In the afternoon I read some last minute papers which arrived in connection with the court case on Thursday in the Isle of Man. Our friend Stu, who left us in January, came back to the office for his retirement drinks and it was good to see and talk to him. He seemed much more relaxed and happy having just returned from a business trip to Hong Kong for his new employers. I left the party a little early (I'll probably see him again tomorrow when he repeats the party at Dorking) and got changed to go to the Royal Arch Masonry Stonehenge Chapter meeting where I was to be balloted for membership. It was a good meeting, much more informal than in Sussex despite all the "top brass" being there. Following their installation ceremony I was successfully balloted for membership and formally became a joining member. I am looking forward to a long fruitful relationship with the Wiltshire Royal Arch Freemasons as I am giving up Sussex membership. The food was excellent and the company good - with several people I know from Sarum and the Province. I arrived back home around 10.30 p.m. which Sara actually thought was early - I had clearly managed her expectations as to my return time. No spooky occurrences today. A portable toilet has appeared in the drive of our next door neighbour - presumably for the workmen who are about to build a substantial first floor extension to increase the size of the two small bedroom over the existing double garage. No doubt there will be much dust in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment