Friday, April 24, 2009

Faith Supper (Cheese and Wine)

No trip to the gym or swimming pool this morning so a more leisurely start to the day as I was in the Salisbury office again. I hoisted the Saints' flag to half-mast following yesterday's announcement that Southampton Football Club was to have 10 points deducted for going into administration. This means that the club will be playing in League 1 next season. I had a meeting in the office at 9 a.m. and arrived at 8.00 a.m. where I had a latte and bacon muffin to start off the day. Following my meeting I dealt with numerous emails and phone calls. I had lunch with Sara - excellent fish and chips and mushy peas - and returned to the office for more paperwork. I left at 4.45 p.m. and went to Waitrose to get cheese, wine, butter and biscuits for our House Group's cheese and wine party tonight. I had a bath and read a bit more of Steve Chalke's "The Lost Message of Jesus" before our soiree. Max, Ivan, Dawn and Klynn came - I was disappointed that it was not more - and we had a pleasant evening discussing a wide range of Christian topics including our usual chestnut of where is the church going, what are we called to do and so on. We also discussed the topic of "The Apprentice" which we intend to follow over the next 5 weeks using material acquired from Spring Harvest. We commented upon the fantastic work that Danielle Strickland has been called upon to do and find her a great inspiration. We all agreed that the House Group was an important and integral part of our church life and growth in faith and we need Nils or Elizabeth to attend one of our meetings and endorse the work we are doing. Went to bed late after having lost the first draft of this blog and having to write it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment