Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Harvest Day 5

Waking up this morning it is so hard to believe that this is the last full day of Spring Harvest. Every year is the same, it goes so quickly and we want so much more. We went again to the Big Top in the morning to listen to Danielle Strickland who was at her best today. She was speaking about working as an apprentice and in particular modes of evangelism with some great anecdotes. Following mid-morning coffee at Maxime’s we returned to the Big Top to listen to Ruth Dearnley and Jeff Lucas for the final time. Sara cooked us an omelette for lunch and I spent the first part of the afternoon browsing in the Skyline to pick up some books and other resources to use at home and in the church. I bought the Apprentice DVD and Guide, a book by Jeff Lucas and some CDs. I joined Klynn again for the Leadership Masterclass with Phil Wall. In the evening we took Holy Communion in the Big Top with 5,000 others! We had a powerful talk from Russ and yet again very stirring worship songs. Afterwards, Sara picked up the children and I went to hear Ruth Dearnley speak at a Stop the Traffick reception. I had come across this organisation three years ago when Steve Chalke had launched it. The prime am is to stop this dreadful modern day slavery and it has been instrumental in getting the chocolate industry to move towards fair trade products. Cadbury’s and Mars have made some commitments but not Nestles yet. I had an opportunity to speak to Ruth and was given a free copy of Steve Chalke’s latest book called Stop the Traffick. I have been thinking and praying about where I should gift my CAF money and have decided that Stop the Traffick is the right place. This seemed to come over loud and clear. We in Winterslow have been giving some small amounts and with the financial stranglehold are currently experiencing for Mission Giving I feel I should give my donation to Ruth and Steve and their organisation. I shall continue to think and pray how I can help further. I met up with Sara and the children in Hamish and Nicola’s apartment (Maxime and Anthony had already left to return to Salisbury) – Hamish had some rather interesting blended whiskey (Irish and Scotch!) and we had a very enjoyable evening discussing what we are going to do when we get back to Winterslow.

No comments:

Post a Comment