Sunday, April 04, 2010

Alleluia He is Risen! He is Risen indeed, Alleluia! Easter Sunday today. An appalling fact I learned this morning was that 36 per cent of children in the United Kingdom believe that today marks the birthday of the Easter Bunny! How can the true significance of the Easter Story have escaped so many! For us we went to a packed church for the true celebration of Easter and the Eucharist. Elizabeth gave an excellent talk using balloons to illustrate how Christ's death on the cross took away all our burdens and sins. Very powerful. The service ended with the usual Easter Egg Hunt in the churchyard. Back home we had a quiet afternoon - I managed to get Tom's laptop fixed (I cleaned up some viruses he had caught using Norton 360 and also managed to get him back on line with the Internet - he had somehow switched off the wireless device on the laptop). I did try and get him linked up the the TV to create a larger monitor and although it did work the graphics on the TV screen were converted to monochrome. I think we have the wrong lead and I will call in PC World tomorrow and see what is wrong. I cooked the traditional Easter dinner of roast lamb, mint sauce, roast potatoes, parsnips, cabbage, carrots and runner beans. The lamb from Waitrose was sweet and delicious. We also watched some "Carry-On" films. I was very tired tonight and my back is still hurting from my fall on the ice yesterday. I therefore went to bed early although I did play a couple of rounds of golf on my DS!

No comments:

Post a Comment