Monday, April 05, 2010

The first cut

Sara and I didn't rise until 10 a.m. this morning. My back was still hurting after my skating fall and we both reckon that we need a new mattress as we are both feeling quite achy in the morning. Tom spent the day around the village with his friends and Sara, Mary and I went into Salisbury shopping. I bought a new waterproof top for golf and ordered a bicycle for Sara which I'll need to pick up in Andover tomorrow. I had intended to go to the Saints v. Leyton Orient match which I was convinced was this evening - only to find out that it was a 3 p.m. kick-off and so both Tom and I missed it. I was later told that it wasn't a particularly exciting match but Saints did win 2-1 and are now only 8 points short of the play-offs and in 9th position in the table - the highest they have been all season. Grimsby Town managed to win away at Accrington Stanley (2-3) but an away win for Cheltenham Town against Crewe Alexandra means that they remain 7 points away from safety. It's looking ever more likely that they will drop out of the Football League next year. I gave the front and back lawns their first cut of the year and will tackle the bank tomorrow. Tonight, Richard and I spent a pleasant three hours in the Lion's Head talking about church, Spring Harvest and football.

No comments:

Post a Comment