Friday, April 23, 2010

Retired? Really?

Up very early this morning to attend the Ambassadors' Business Breakfast at the Grasmere House Hotel in Harnham. I gave a lift to Ed Thomas who is one of the committee members and lives close to us - his son also works with Sara in the Lord Nelson Arms as a chef. Tom was not well today so stayed at home. We had an interesting talk about lifestyle and health from a personal trainer and a chiropractor. I was reminded to get my press release in for the next meeting where I shall be doing a presentation entitled "Tribunals and Tribulations" - some practical tips for employers facing a tribunal claim. I called in on PC World and Staples on the way home to get some materials for the computer/printer and also some bread and pate for lunch. Sara was out this morning having lunch with Lucy over in Whiteparish. This afternoon I attended to some urgent mail and wrote the press release to send to the Ambassadors' public relations officer. This seemed to be in order. This evening I chaired a meeting at St. John's Church for the Spring Harvesters to discuss what they thought about the event, things learned, how we will put into practice what we learned and how we will use these things to help the church in Winterslow grow - both in size and faith. We also spent some time deciding what we were going to do with the £10s we received to help Hope/HIV. The final decison was that we would do two events - a curry and quiz night and also a film festival where we would use one on the churches in the village to show films of different genres over a weekend. We would also use the licence we needed to form a film club - principally for children on Saturday mornings. I came away very enthusiastic. Now Richard and I need to get our heads together to bring these things together and get people doing them. We intend to meet on Monday evening to draw something up. I really seem to have an incredible busy schedule ahead - preparing for two talks during the first week in May; calling a meeting of the Mission Giving Group; co-ordinating the fund raising for Hope/HIV; preparing for the Food for Thought service on the 9th May (Sara and I are presenting again); co-ordinating the establishment of more Home Groups and, with Richard, arranging a series of meetings for the congregation to see the Jeff Lucas series of talks at Spring Harvest. I really do wonder where I had the time to go to work in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment