Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Eighteen Holes

Another full day today. Spent the morning cleaning the windows and went through a box of stuff I'd brought back home from the office deciding what to keep and what to throw away. Gave Mum a call as I had not managed to ring her since we went away to Spring Harvest. She seemed in good spirits and had a nice chat with Sara. The weather being glorious today, Richard and I decided to play eighteen holes at Wilton this afternoon. This is the first time that either of us have played eighteen since last October. We both started off rather poorly but seemed to improve as we took on the second nine. I achieved two pars and Richard three. I was pleased with some excellent shots onto the green using my 5-wood - a club I seldom use. It will get some more outings from my bag in future. I must admit to feeling rather stiff - eighteen holes is about 2 miles of golf at Wilton - probably more if you don't hit the balls straight! Mary wasn't in a very good mood when I got home this evening. She was complaining of a sore throat which wasn't being helped by her loud vocalisation of the problem! Our neighbour, Karen, brought 5-year old Maxwell round this evening to look at the Moon through my eight-inch reflecting telescope. Unfortunately, as his bedtime is 7.30 p.m. and the Sun doesn't set until 8 p.m. or thereabouts, we were having to look at it in the daylight and his untrained eye couldn't pick out the lunar landscape features - much to his frustration. He will have to wait six months or so - he will be a little older and the sun will set well before his bedtime. I finished off the day down at the Lion's Head where Richard and I celebrated the nineteenth hole. We discussed his daughter's eduction and and other things - particularly the joys of early retirement. An early night tonight for me - 10.30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment