Thursday, April 22, 2010

St. George's Dinner in Boscombe

Today was quite a busy one with many things to do and places to go. I received a phone call from of the members of the congregation at Malcolm's church in Liverpool (Christ Church) who would like me to do some work for her in getting together some employment contracts and policies for her fashion designer business. After breakfast I spent a little time in clearing away some more items and then drove into Salisbury to visit the dentist for my adapted top denture to be fitted. We discussed cosmetic dentistry work to try and straighten up my teeth and I have booked another appointment to see her when she returns from holiday in May. This afternoon I picked up Mary from school and we went to Carol H's in Firsdown for a bring and buy/cake and tea afternoon at her house. This was another fundraising event for the Alabare Romsey House project. The event made in excess of £200 to add to the £1,000 or so we have already raised in the church. I left early to get home and get changed to go down to Bournemouth to attend the Boscombe Lodge Sarum/St. George's Night celebrations. I picked up John H in Harnham on the way down to the south coast. At the meting this evening I acted as candidate for a demonstration of an initiation ceremony and enjoyed doing a bit of method acting and acting like a real candidate including deliberate mistakes to add to the authenticity. This seemed to go down well. Rod and Bryant are both to receive good honours at the Provincial Grand Lodge meeting in October - Rod as Active Rank Standard Bearer and Bryant as Past Provincial Grand Registrar. Tonight we dined on a selection of smoked fish, braised beef, apple crumble with clotted cream, cheese and biscuits and coffee. After dropping off John H back home in Harnham I arrived back at Winterslow a little after 11 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment