Wednesday, April 28, 2010

God's Creation at its Best - Bluebells in Bentley Wood


Got up really early this morning - I thought it was 7 a.m. in my mind but in reality it was only 6 a.m.! Still, the sun was shining and I had another busy day ahead. I made tea for myself and cooked Tom's breakfast of a bacon butty. Molly arrived at 7.30 a.m. on the dot and I cooked pancakes for her and Mary with fresh sliced oranges and lemon juice. By 9.00 am all was peace again and I put the last of the washing in the tumble drier - yes I know I should really have hung it out but that takes so much longer. I had a quick shower to the accompaniment of Jeremy Kyle in the background berating some Norfolk lesbian and her girlfriend who want to "marry" against the wishes of one of their mothers. Too complicated to explain but it does seem that everybody who puts themselves on that programme has an IQ of about 6. I guess that is why it has become compulsive viewing for many. I cycled down to St. John's at just before 10 a.m. to join nine others in the Mid-Week Eucharist conducted by Elizabeth and assisted by Jane. Cynthia and Nils were also there so that made four clergy and six laity in total. I invited Maxime back for coffee and she followed me in her four wheel drive whilst I cycled back. Sara phoned whilst she was with me to say she was leaving Forest Mere and would be back at lunchtime. I was watching an interesting programme about diving on the wreck of the Admiral Graf Spee when Sara turned up - I think she must have thought that I had been spending all my time watching TV. Hopefully all the cut lawns and washing etc. will have dispelled that thought. We lunched together before I went off into Salisbury on a couple of errands. This afternoon Mary and I went on a six-mile cycle ride through Bentley Wood and we were treated to the most wonderful spectacle of bluebells in amongst the trees. God's creation at its best. I couldn't resist taking several photographs - a couple of which are shown above.

No comments:

Post a Comment