Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Torrential rain marked today. We all went down to the Methodist Hall where the Junior Church members were joined by children from other villages for the traditional Good Friday workshop. It was a really good turnout. Sara prepared the Easter Garden and I helped her with that. We walked down to the Village Hall in the pouring rain following the cross for the Good Friday Family Service. This had been prepared by Linda and the Junior Church and was absolutely fantastic. A foretaste of the wonders of Spring Harvest. It was very emotional as we lit candles either in front of a cross covered with rubbish (to bring and shed our sins on) or one with new plants on (to offer ourselves for new life). I chose the latter. After lunch of a hot cross bun and a yoghurt I attended the Passion Service at All Saints which took on a more familiar and traditional pattern. This evening I cooked tagliatelle and smoked salmon in a creme fraiche sauce with white wine. We all played a game of Football Club Trivia this evening. This was a present Tom got for Christmas which we haven't yet got round to playing. It consisted of looking at a card for ten seconds which had printed on it facts and trivia about one of the 92 clubs in the football league. Tomorrow I am taking Mary to the ice rink at Basingstoke where I can try out my new skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment