Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Unpalatable!

I had to set the alarm to go off early this morning as I had a dentist's appointment at 8.30 a.m. today - made when I was still working and having no idea, at that time, that I would have early retired by the time I had to attend it. In fact I arrived so early that I had time to scan the appalling magazines in the waiting room, decide none were worth reading - do they really think patients want to read TV magazines from weeks ago? - and fill out a "medical update form" before being called in. Not the best visit I have ever had to the dentists. Whilst there is nothing clinically wrong with my teeth - they've reached the depth of condition - my upper jaw chromium denture has rubbed a hole in my palate which could, if it continued to rub through to the bone, cause difficulties. I have been advised to leave the denture out for the moment and a technician will charge me an expensive fee to remove the offending piece of chrome as a temporary measure until I have secured a mortgage to replace it! Actually, it does need to heal before impressions can be taken. An alternative, which is attractive if not painful, is to have all my remaining teeth removed and nice even toothed dentures put in. It might, in the long run (but not initially) put a smile back on my face. Back home, I spent the morning building Sara's new bike which I tested with Mary by cycling to the shop and back for washing powder. Tonight I wrote my article on Spring Harvest for the parish magazines whilst Sara went to Great Wishford, or some such place in the Wylie Valley, for a VV party.

No comments:

Post a Comment