Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vocational Washing

Woke early this morning (around 6 a.m.). Only Tom and I went to church today. It is a pity that it was not well attended as Linda did another one of her marvellous praise services with several songs from Spring Harvest. The theme of the service was "Vocation" and we were each given a brightly coloured button to represent our ordinary life and were asked to look upon it and think how our ordinary lives can be turned into a vocation for God. It was very touching and thought-provoking. I have kept my button which I will use as a prayer aid. Back home I dug out the barbecue from the depths of the shed and had to give it a thorough clean - it clearly having been put away last year without one. If I recall, the weather was so bad last year that it hardly came out without it raining and me having to shove it back into the shed quickly. Having cleaned it I threw some sausages, chicken drumsticks and home made burgers on it for lunch. It was lovely to sit outside in the sunshine and eat our lunch. Hopefully the weather will be better this year and we can use it more frequently. I do like the idea of getting a chiminea after experiencing Klynn's last night. We had have late night feasts in the garden and keep warm at the same time. This afternoon, Food for Thought (FFT) cleaned about 20 cars at the Village Hall raising over £100 for the Project Uganda charity. The children enjoyed cleaning the wheels and having sponge fights with each other. I took a series of photographs for the FFT blog site and other village publications (one is represented above showing Richard and others cleaning my car!). Tea and cake were provided for the drivers - not bad for £5 - car washed and driver fed! Spoke to Mum briefly on the phone this evening. She seemed in good spirits and had had her missing slates replaced for the amazing cost of £30. Early night tonight as I have to go to Sussex tomorrow for the funeral of one of my masonic colleagues who died suddenly of a stroke a week or so ago. A group of us are going to Hove Tandoori afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment