Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sara's Birthday

We didn't get up very early this morning - I got up at 7.30 a.m. in fact. I made tea for us which I served to Sara in her special "April" cup and for myself in my Cunard tea cup (in memory of those lost in the Titanic Disaster and those saved by the Cunard liner RMS Carpathia. Sara opened her cards and presents - receiving a boxed set of jazz music from the children, an Apollo DVD from me (we have a standing joke about Sara not believing that Man ever went to the Moon but that it was all filmed in an American desert! She also received a parcel full of goodies from her father in North Carolina including earrings, a necklace and some herbs to make dips. Our friend Jan(et) called in to deliver a lovely vase and some flowers as I cooked hot dogs for breakfast using German sausages and home baked rolls. Later in the morning, Sara took her first ride on her new bicycle when she rode up to Bentley Wood with Mary and me. We rode down Witt Road and then did the circular route via the picnic area and up the hill before returning to the Witt Road entrance. Sara found it really heavy going and was quite breathless. I rode her bike up to the village shop and back to check it (Mary coming with me to get an ice lolly after her hot ride). This afternoon I mowed the bank and we drove to Carlo's Tea Rooms for a cream tea and ice creams for the kids. We had a Chinese meal tonight from Porton before the House Group. We started our discussions and study of The Shack by William Paul Young. I showed some clips from some American evangelical churches who were severely criticising it and a TV interview with the author himself. We then started to unpack the novel through a series of pre-written questions in an on-line study guide. I used the laptop plugged into the TV to provide all the material without having to print out large amounts of study material. It seemed to work well. Tonight, Sara is feeling unwell again. Her health, or lack of it, it really worrying me.

No comments:

Post a Comment