Monday, October 25, 2010

A Wet Carolinan Day

A day spent around the resort today. We awoke to hear heavy rain pounding in the window. Throughout the day it rained on and off in torrential downpours accompanied by thunder and lightning. I cooked us breakfast of American bacon, eggs, fried bread and frankfurters. Sara and I attended a Vacation Owners' update meeting which was, essentially, a discussion to see if we were interested in extending our vacation options. Afterwards, Sara, Mary and I went down to the pool area and Mary and I played some crazy golf. We played one round of nine holes and were on the third hole of a second round when the heavens opened again and we got absolutely soaked. In fact we were so wet that we though tit would be great fun to jump into the pool fully clothed and have a swim! We spent a great hour swimming in the rain and had fun in the doughnuts on the lazy river. This afternoon Tom and I visited the BiLo supermarket again and also brought back some MacDonalds burgers and chicken for a late lunch. More rain and thunder and lightning this afternoon and evening and so I spent the time reading my book on the Ark Royal and having a little nap. Tonight Mary and Tom had a pizza brought in from Mamma Mia and I made cheese on toast. Tom and I watched a bit of the NY Giants v. Dallas Cowboys football game and later I watched Airplane with Mary as well as write up this blog. I have my voucher for tomorrow's golf at Indigo Creek Golf Course so must get to bed reasonably early as my tee time is 8.27 a.m. and the course is about 5 miles south of our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment