Friday, October 08, 2010

A trip to the dentist/Meeting an old friend

A busy day tidying up in anticipation of the visit of an old friend from Liverpool days - Dave. I was cooking a paella tonight and so ordered shellfish from Waitrose's fish counter to pick up later today. I had a dental appointment just before midday and agreed to have three of my top teeth veneered to make them appear straight although there is little that can be done for the bottom ones. At least the cost is much less than originally estimated as I do not now have to have a replacement chrome denture. The work will start on the teeth on 15th November after I return from the States. I had coffee and a pasty at Reeves in the market place before retuning to Waitrose to pick up my fish and drive home. I returned to Salisbury later in the afternoon to pick up Dave from Salisbury Station. He still works for Thamesdown Buses in Swindon but we have not seen each other for over 13 years. He stayed overnight with us and we caught up on each other's world. After dinner we went down to the Lion's Head where we met up with Richard - staying in the pub until about midnight. I didn't get immediately to sleep and watched a programme on Myra Hindley until about 2 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment