Saturday, October 23, 2010

Down to Myrtle Beach Apartment

Awoke at around 6 a.m. this morning. I set about writing up my blog and checking emails and also phoned Mum in England using the Skype system. We had a typical American breakfast of homemade pancakes, maple syrup and streaky bacon with fresh orange juice, coffee and fruit. David accompanied me as I drove Andrea's car around the block to ensure I was comfortable with driving her large Volvo Estate on American roads. After familiarising myself with all the controls we returned back to their house to load the car up with our luggage for the 210 miles drive down to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. We set off at around 12.30 p.m. and arrived at our time share swap apartment in Myrtle Beach around 5.15 p.m. having stopped off for fuel and some lunch near Benson. We travelled down Interstate 40 to Wilmington and then picked up Highway 17 to Myrtle Beach. It was a straightforward and uneventful journey except for the beginning when we couldn't find our way easily around Raleigh to connect with Interstate 40. We did find it more by luck than judgement. Tonight I took the kids to the BiLo hypermaket for groceries and supper at a Mexican fast food outlet. Sara decided to stay behind and have a bath. I watched the Phillies v. San Francisco Giants baseball game tonight with San Francisco winning by 3 runs to 2 and going through to meet the Texas Rangers in the World Series next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment