Monday, October 11, 2010

Hove again!

In Brighton and Hove again today. I didn't get up very early at all. After having tea I stayed in bed and didn't actually get up until 10 a.m. having fallen asleep again! Sara and I ate a late brunch before I set off for Hove - arriving at Peter's around 3 p.m. We had tea and a chat before going into Brighton for the Civic Lodge Installation Meeting. We had a very good meeting. I was installed as the Senior Warden and despite a bit of "Wiltshire Working" we got through the ceremony painlessly - indeed, the officers of the lodge were complimented on the work this evening. I sat with the lodge's former secretary who lost his son a year ago. He and his wife are coping well and he said that if it was not for his faith he is not sure how he would have got through it all. We returned to Peter's at about 10.30 a.m. and spent a couple of hours chatting about all sorts of different topics over cups of tea. Finally I went to sleep around 1 a.m. after reading a couple of pages of St. Paul's biography which I started to read at Champney's.

No comments:

Post a Comment