Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Hoot at Hooters!

A nice lazy day today after all the travelling of the last few days. Woke up at around 7.30 a.m. and made tea. I also made breakfast for us all - frankfurters, beans and American bacon. After breakfast we went to reception and organised a couple of events - a rodeo evening on Friday and a game of golf for me on Tuesday. On Wednsday we plan to drive day to Charleston. I phoned Mum in England and we also skyped Sara's Dad in North Carolina to let both know that we arrived safely at Myrtle Beach. This afternoon was spent by the poolside and playing crazy golf at the resort. We were all very hungry again by mid afternoon so decided to eat early today and I drove us all a few block to Hooters - memories of my trip to California a few years ago. Mary had mini burgers and fries, Sara a chicken salad, Tom some hot chicken wings and I ate snow crab legs which I remembered enjoying in Long Beach. Tom was well impressed - American food, American football on the TV and (of course) the stunning waitresses. We bought him a calendar for Christmas as well as some playing cards and me some golf teas. Tonight we watched TV in various rooms and I wrote up this blog. Tom wants to eat at Hooters again! At least he is single and a makes a good excuse for me to go again! After all, its good for fathers and sons to have some bonding time and make sure they are not led astray (is that the father or the son?)

No comments:

Post a Comment