Wednesday, October 06, 2010

More Dog Walking/Sarum Installation Night

Sara spent most of the morning at Morning Star and I remained at home tidying up and dealing with post and writing letters and emails. At lunchtime I walked up to The Shripple and took Ben out for his midday walk - this time walking down the bye way to St. John's, along Witt Road and then taking a track off to the left about halfway along which, by a circuitous route, brought us to Bentley Wood near the picnic area. He had a wonderful time dashing about in the woodland smelling all the things that nature can provide to a dog. We walked back along Witt Road and back to his house via the same bye way - a total of 1.8 miles according to my reckoning. With the walk from our house to Ben's that meant a walk for me of 2.6 miles. This afternoon I had a telephone conference with a potential new client - an old colleague from my previous company who left a few years ago and is now being treated badly by her new employers. A possible tribunal case here. This evening I attended the Installation Meeting of Sarum Lodge at Crane Street in Salisbury after having dropped Tom's laptop off at PC world for them to see if they can get him back online. Tonight's meeting was pleasant even if the ceremony was quite poor. Fortunately we had a speaker who gave a very interesting lecture entitled "Masonic Oddities" about some of the more colourful character's in masonic history. We had an excellent dinner afterwards - soup (not sure what it was put possibly carrot and coriander), roast lamb with roast potatoes and vegetables, fresh fruit salad and ice cream and cheese and biscuits etc. I arrived back home at 10.45 p.m. to find that Sara's "Jamie Oliver Party" had broken up - Sara had ten ladies in this evening buying kitchen products under the Oliver label. Plenty of empty wine glasses and nibble remnants around so I guess they had a good time. Beats me how the find pleasure in such things (the kitchen stuff that is, not the wine and nibbles!). Sara's Dad phoned at around 11 p.m. to say that he had got tickets for the ice hockey game between Raleigh Hurricanes and New York Islanders which takes place the week we are in North Carolina. I think, at least, I might have a chance of understanding ice hockey rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment