Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Deanery Synod

I was woken up suddenly at 7.00 a.m. by the alarm on my BlackBerry and was fully disorientated forgetting that I was sleeping on the floor of the nursery in Peter's house in Hove. Reassuring my self that I needn't actually get up yet I fell soundly asleep until 8.00 a.m. I had a shower and went downstairs and read my devotionals and yesterday's papers over a cup of tea. Peter joined me later and after a second cup we strolled up to Wheelies for breakfast. I left Peter at around 11 a.m. and drove to Salisbury where I picked up Tom's laptop from PC World. It needs to be sent to Acer for repair as it is under guarantee and the problems seem to be various hardware ones and not software. This evening I attended a meeting of the Deanery Synod taking Mike M-J, Ros and Nils with me to Sarum College. Debbie McIsaac had been successfully elected to General Synod and was also elected Lay Chair of Deanery Synod. As I had seconded her nomination for the former I was delighted. We broke into groups to discuss various key aspects of the Deanery Mission Statement and I jointed Peter O-E's group to discuss Mission and Evangelism. Peter is a delightful cleric and has some good modern ideas. He, like me, favours the growth of house groups to grow the church both spiritually and in numbers. After dropping off my passengers on the return trip to the village, I met Richard for a drink in the Lion's Head and to discuss a number of matters which need finalising before I go off to the USA. I have a very busy week ahead of me now with quite a bit of writing to do and also painting Sian's birthday present - a view of the Sugarloaf Mountain in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment