Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Painting Again

A day in the village today - no travelling for a change. Sara wasn't needed at Morning Star today and so busied herself around the house until late morning when she went into Salisbury to buy some bits and pieces for the holiday. I took Ben out for his walk this lunchtime. He has a new short lead which tends to make him pull you along very quickly. We went on a mile and a half walk down Witt Road, across the fields to the Green Barn, along the edge of Barry's Fields overlooking our house and back down via the village hall tennis courts, passed our house and through the twitterns (a Sussex word I know) back to his house. His walk measured 1.49 miles which I am not sure whether that is long enough. It took us about 50 minutes - Ben of course runs about a bit so travels a bit further. Add another half a mile to get to and from his home - that meant a walk for me of 2 miles - like walking from Mum's to Blundell Park and back. I picked Mary up from school as she hadn't returned by the time Mary finished. This afternoon I wrote a lengthy article for the magazine Trolleybus about my trip to Walsall and did a water colour painting of the Sugar Loaf Mountain in Dublin as a birthday present for our good friend Sian who had come to Dublin with us earlier this year. She was unable to buy a print of Dublin and I offered to paint an original water colour of the Sugar Loaf following out trip into the Wicklow Mountains. I am quite pleased with the result although my colours are still rather strident and I need to "pastelise" them a bit. Had a relatively early night tonight but did wake up to watch the final Chilean miners being brought up from the mine at San Jose, Copiapo, Chile and see the wonderful re-unions with their families. 70 days trapped underground. The 33 miners were all brought up within a single 22 hour period. A remarkable achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment