Friday, October 01, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain, Again!

A really miserable day today - more rain with gusty winds too! I was up early today to go to my Ambassadors Business Breakfast where a nursery teacher extolled the virtues of rain play! She was quite right but today I was feeling very tired indeed. We had to play a team game of filling baskets with conkers by throwing them in. My team was disqualified because I took a heap on conkers and threw them in all at once - well there were two lawyers on my team and nobody said they had to be filled one at a time! I called in to Tesco's for a jar of coffee and bread and had a cup of coffee with Sara before she went off to the Lord Nelson to work. Tom was off school today (another training day for the teachers) and I took him into Salisbury to but a couple of airsoft guns (one for me) which I hoped would help him be "one of the crowd" as one certain boy seems to be excluding him from the "gang". I gave him strict rules on the gun's usage and said that I would be supervising him (hence my gun) or ensuring he was properly supervised. I returned my library books (the the late return fines suggested that I had bought them!) before returning to the car. We also called in at PC World an established that Tom's laptop appears to have a virus and will need to go in for a check-up next week. We ended our trip with a very late lunch (4 p.m.) at the Hampton Park Inn. Tonight both of the children went to the Youth Club. Tom's "friends" apparently laughed at him when he told them the gun he had got - a pistol in the cheaper range - they are largely from wealthy families and have expensive guns which Sara and I are simply not prepared to pay for. I have told Tom that when the weather gets better we will do some shooting of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment