Tuesday, October 05, 2010

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness

The weather was brighter again today. Spent the morning in the study and generally tidying up. Received a telephone call from one of my former colleagues in Dorking with some potential new work - assisting another former colleague with an employment problem. One of the local members of my Salisbury lodge called round to give me his letter of resignation - not a surprise as he has not been to a meeting for several years now and will have just received the subscription request showing an increase in dues. I fear we could lose others this way. After a light lunch of boiled potatoes and cheese I went into Salisbury to do some banking for Sara and to pick up some study material on the "Sermon on the Mount" from Sarum College and Sarum Bookshop. We start our studies properly again this Thursday. I also called in at a travel agents in town to make sure that I had completed all the necessary forms for entrance in the United States - their immigration regulations are extremely stringent. I received an email from Nils advising me that the Food for Thought event on Sunday had been cancelled due to lack of organisation and calling a special meeting, either this month or next, to discuss its future. I have already penned a short paper on this wanting to see more biblical teaching. Tonight Sara had a Vie party at Karen's house across the road from us. I entertained the children by making popping corn and we all watched the wonderful film "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" which Mary particularly enjoyed. A fantastic yet true story of a very courageous woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment