Tuesday, November 01, 2011

A full and rewarding day

A busy day in the office this morning catching up on much of the mail received whilst we were out in the Bahamas.  Sara had a meeting at Milford Hall Hotel and then a dental appointment in Salisbury this moning; I had a meeting with Ashley (my fellow LLM student) at Cafe Nero in Salisbury.  I first of all banked another £300-odd of Calendar money before my coffee meeting.  Ashley is a great help as we both seem to get on so well and have similar worries and concerns about the academic side of our ministry training.  We spent a very productive hour over our coffees discussing assignments and balancing our family/work/study priorities.  I left Ashley at 12.15 p.m. to dash back home for a telephone conference with clients in Surrey.  That done it was then time to drive over to Brighton to attend a meeting of my Royal Arch Chapter where I was inducted into the Chair of Jeshua.  I didn't stay for the Festive Board tonight, preferring to get back to Wiltshire and listen to the Saints v. Peterborough united game on the car radio.  Richard had taken Tom to the match using my season ticket as I knew I would be in Brighton this afternoon and couldn't get back in time to go to the match myself. I did, however come away from the meeting with a further £150 from the sale of Calendars and a donation direct from the Chapter itself.  A well worth while trip.  I enjoyed the match on the radio which resulted in yet another win for Saints - 2-1.  This is their eighteenth win in a row at home.  As one commentator put it "The Sun rises in the East; sets in the West and Southampton win at home.  It all seems as certain as that."  West Ham could only manage a goalless draw against bottom club Bristol City meaning that tonight Southampton remain on top of the Championship table - five points clear!  The good times have certainly come back to St. Mary's!

No comments:

Post a Comment