Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A day in the sun

Another lovely sunny day – quite hot at times.  I had no appointments at all today and spent the whole morning in the warm sun – first washing our two cars and then gardening – mowing the inner lawns front and back.  I kept working until 1.30 p.m. and at the end of this time had a garden refuse bin brimming with weeds and grass cuttings.  I had a very pleasant surprise in the post this morning – a cheque for £200 from the Salisbury Masonic Association having won first prize in their recent 400 Club Draw.  This is the biggest win I’ve ever had in anything.  Sara wants to buy a new mattress so I guess the money is already spoken for.  I went into Salisbury this afternoon to bank the cheque and pick up Mary and her friends who had gone into the city after school.  This evening four of us met for an evening of Pub Theology but unfortunately those members of the group for whom these sessions are designed were not there.  We discussed how we can try and encourage more men on the edges of the Faith to attend. I felt quite achy again tonight after all the physical labour of this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment