Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A trip to Winchester

The weather has continued to be very warm and I woke up quite hot in the night.  There had been an annoying fly in our bedroom which we had managed to expel only for it to lie in wait in the family room!  got up quite late - although Sara stayed in bed a little longer - and made tea and sausage sandwiches for breakfast.  Went for a short walk this morning to the shop and to deliver some more invitations to my licensing ceremony and luncheon.  Thom was being enrolled at Peter Symonds College today and we all drove to Winchester, dropping him off whilst Sara, Mary and I walked into the city centre for a drinks at Café Nero.  I also called in at the Edinburgh Woollen Mill Shop to but a half price replacement fleece for the one I have lost (when I got home I found the missing one in my wardrobe tucked in with my football shirts!).  We stopped off at the Grosvenor Hotel in Stockbridge on the way back and had lunch and a drink there - the beer is cheaper than the village pubs.  How can that be!  Adnams IPA which was an excellent choice on a warm day.  My car registered 31 degrees C when we returned to it.  Back home I had a short doze before setting about mowing the bank - which was hard work in the heat but it looked lovely afterwards.  This evening I went for a 1.75 miles walk to deliver some more invites (both for my do and also our friends' 50th birthday party).  I also was given a fresh trout - caught only this morning by friends from church - who said that they liked my sermons. I have frozen it but shall look forward to eating it later in the week.  A quiet evening in tonight - writing up my blog and following the football score - Southampton have beaten Barnsley 1-5 in the Second Round of the League Cup.  A great win by our second team.  I have wonderful hopes for Saints this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment