Friday, August 09, 2013

In the line of fire

A sultry day today but a profitable one.  I worked hard in the morning and finally completed my Worship Portfolio which I can now give to my mentor when I meet him on Sunday when he comes to assess me taking the service at West Dean.  Such a relief to get it finished.  I still need to write my sermon for Sunday – on the theme of having faith – but have set aside tomorrow to do that.  Watched a bit of the Fourth Test Match from Chester-le-Street this morning and Thom and I spent an hour this afternoon up at Barry’s Fields playing cricket – which reminded me that I am not a very good bowler but still have my eye in as a batsman.  It was a very pleasant hour and reminded me the time I used to play cricket in the back garden in Grimsby – where my love of cricket originated.  I am looking forward to spending an afternoon at the Ageas Bowl on Sunday afternoon – after I have led the service at West Dean.  It will be so relaxing.  This evening Sara and I watched the movie “In the Line of fire” starring Clint Eastwood.  I recalled having seen the ending before but had never seen the film the whole way through.  Great film and an enjoyable way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment