Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday at Home

Another day spent at home today - in fact I did not venture off our property except to see how Sara and Thom were doing in painting a neighbour's fence.  I worked on my sermon for Sunday today in between keeping an eye on how the Fourth Test Match was progressing.  England were all out for 238 and at the end of the second day Australia were 222 for 5 with opening batsman Rogers on 101 not out. Australia look to have the upper hand but scoring is incredibly slow and there may not be enough days to produce a result.  I was pleased with my final sermon and I have now put it and the service in my service book ready for tomorrow. Important day with my portfolio mentor attending to observe how I do!  I also spent some time today working on my final portfolio which I intend to have finished by Tuesday. Still need to write a few items but I am satisfied that after all the work on the Worship one this should feel a lot easier.  Sara and I ate a healthy supper of barbecued salmon, new potatoes and salad - very tasty indeed.  Sara is pleased that despite eating a few unhealthy things (e.g. our Indian meal on Tuesday night) she hasn't put on any eight but is in fact slowly losing it.  Good for her.  Busy day tomorrow so I think an early night is called for - although I might just do a little bit more on my portfolio.  Mary has gone with friends to the Firsdown Music Festival and won't be home until after the fireworks.  all the years we've lived down here - we've still not gone to this Festival which features local musicians "doing their thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment