Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Carberry 100 Not Out - Hampshire through to Finals Day

The weather was warm and dry today and I spent most of the day at home.  Sara did her stint at Morning Star and I stayed at home and worked in the study on preparing the service for West Dean on Sunday and also completing the bibliography for my worship portfolio which I want to complete for Sunday 11th August to give to my mentor at the West Dean service.  This afternoon and evening, Thom and I went to the Ageas Bowl to see Hampshire take on Lancashire in the quarter-final of the T20 competiton.  Lancashire won the toss and elected to field first.  Hampshire scored a whopping 202 runs with Carberry carrying the bat and getting his 100 on the very last ball.  Lancashire put on a fantastic performance in reply and the game ended with them scoring 201 - a win by Hampshire of only one run!  A massive 403 runs and just seven wickets in only 3 hours of cricket.  Imagine that at a Test Match! Wonderful entertainment and so glad to see Carberry get his hundred.  It was a really enjoyable evening especially in the company of Thom who has really started to understand and enjoy the game - it would be great if he could join the Winterslow Cricket club as they are looking for new players and I think he would be a good bowler.

No comments:

Post a Comment