Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mary returns home

A much more "ordinary" day today.  A much more leisurely morning - I wasn't preaching or taking a service anywhere today so Sara and I went to St. Paul's Church in Salisbury where we could just sit quietly as ordinary members of the congregation.  It was a much shorter service than normal with a short sermon as the children remained in the church - there are no children's groups in August apparently.  The songs this morning were all unfamiliar and largely action songs for the children.  The youth group had been away at Soul Survivor in Shepton Mallet and returned by coach just as the service was ending.  We didn't stay for refreshments but went to Waitrose to fill my car up with fuel for the journey to Lincolnshire tomorrow and we stopped off at Homebase to buy some weedkiller and a light bulb for Thom's bedroom.  I did some gardening at the front (weeding) this afternoon and cleaned my car.  I also began packing for my journey tomorrow.  Mary arrived back from Scotland this evening - her flight being delayed, she didn't get back home until around 11.30 p.m.  She's had a good time there but was glad to be home. Apparently her friend's mother doesn't drive and so she spent most of her week in and around Alloa, walking their dog, and she didn't get to Edinburgh city centre as she had hoped.  Next time I'll probably drive her up there and we'll have a few days looking around places.  Richard called at 9 p.m. and we went down to the Lion's Head for a couple of hours.  Hardly anyone in there again.  If the Lord Nelson opens on a Sunday then I think that the Lion may have problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment