Friday, August 30, 2013

Installed as Wiltshire Masters' Master

A very special day for me today - but unlike yesterday a very busy one too.  I busied myself in the study in the early part of the morning before attending a special meeting of the Winterslow PCC to discuss the parish's strategic plan for the church's mission.  It seems that the three major areas which the church wishes to concentrate on are children and youth, house groups and heritage. It remains to be seen how these strands of mission will develop.  For my part, I have to concentrate on providing overall ministry to the group of churches and parishes within the team with an emphasis on outreach - particularly men's ministry.  This evening was very special indeed as I was installed, at Devizes, as the Worshipful Master of Wiltshire Masters' Lodge No. 6731 and this was particularly special as I was installed by the Provincial Grand Superintendent for the Holy Royal Arch with the assistance of the Provincial Grand Master with a galaxy of high ranking Masons in attendance. A report can be found at : http://www.pglwilts.org.uk/news/view/master-to-minister-in-30-days.  A lovely evening indeed in the company of 78 colleagues and friends. The food too was excellent - mackerel pate, roast pork, rice pudding and cheese and biscuits.  Everybody was so pleasant - like on your wedding day, and I felt an enormous amount of pride (and humility) in having been chosen and installed in this most prestigious of positions in Wiltshire Province. It will mean quite a bit of travelling around the country visiting other Masters' lodges and I already have accepted invitations to Dorset, Hampshire and Warwickshire.  I think I need to get a driver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment