Friday, August 02, 2013

New Car - Well Re-Registered at least!

No chaplaincy duties today as I have swapped Fridays for Mondays during the school holidays.  Sara did her stint at the Lord Nelson which had a very busy lunchtime today.  Mary I went to Andover to bank some cheques at HSBC then on to Chippenham to have my personal number plate fixed to my new car in replace of its original registered plate.  The whole process took about 20 minutes and we then drove up to the White Horse in Westbury and enjoyed the view from the top - looking across to Trowbridge and Melksham and the Severn Estuary. The picture shows my newly re-registered car at the car park on top of the hill.  It was so clear and a really delightful view.  Afterwards we drove down to Warminster and shared a portion of fish and chips on a bench in the town's main car park. This evening went to a friends house for a "girls' night in" and Thom and I watched the first game of the new football season - League 1 - Sheffield United v. Notts County which Sheffield won by 2-1.  I ended the evening by watching The Ashes highlights on TV.  Australia declared on 527-7 with England chasing.  At the end of the day England were 52-2 in reply.  Australia are certainly in command of this Test and could make something of the Series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment