Monday, April 07, 2014

A visit to Old Sarum

The morning started again with Morning Office at St. Francis's and then I went to Waitrose for a free coffee in their restaurant.  Whilst in Waitrose I met Sara B from Pitton and Zoe from Whiteparish so we had a short Clarendon "team meeting" in the aisle of Waitrose!  It was a very quick chat just bringing each other up to date with our news and Zoes was particularly interested to know how things were going with me at St. Francis's.  After my free coffee and bun I spent the rest of the morning with Penny at the Old Sarum Community Rooms meeting some of the people off the estate and having a look around their facilities.  Penny and I had a good chat about pioneer ministry and I intend to make the coming of the new Mormon church the subject of my theological reflection from my placement.  I have to confess that I didn't do much this afternoon - watching a Poirot episode which I hadn't seen before - "Evil in the Sun" only I did vaguely recall some of it and wonder whether I have seen parts of it - epscially as I did work out who did it but couldn't remember how!  Tonight I attended St. Francis's APCM which was a really joyful occasion.  We started with a hymn and prayers and the meeting went very smoothly.  The church is clearly growing with about 165 on the electoral roll and many many children now coming along.  Indeed, the church is now becoming so full that the proposed extension is going to be essential. It is lovely to see so many people from a spread of ages - toddlers to 90 year olds.  I managed to get details of the service I am leading on Sunday and, unusually for St. Francis's, I shall be robing.  They have chosen a new youth leader who is Dan - the chap from Sheffield who supports Huddersfield Town.  I had a long chat with him and his wife, Rebecca, on Sunday after the 11 a.m. service.  A really nice couple.  Another nice surprise for me today was the marking sheet for my Intercessions essay - 65% - well into the "good" category.  I am really pleased with that and feel I am now back on the academic track again. I was expecting something more like 58% - 60%.  Sara and I watched Rev. together tonight which had much sadness about it - certainly black humour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment