Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ear Piercing

Attended my last staff meeting at St. Francis's today and as usual it was a delightful mixture of bible reading, reflection, reading from Bill Hybel's Axion, further reflection, prayer and finally twenty minutes of business.  There is such a lot going on in this church and a requirement for more and more people to get involved.  I shall really be sorry to leave.  The mixture of prayer and humour makes for a wonderful style of working environment.  I called in at Waitrose after the meeting to pick some stamps, returned home and ate the remainder of my Chinese meal from last night as my lunch.  I took Mary back into Salisbury to have her ears pierced and met Sara at Claire's.  The whole process didn't take very long but I must admit I thought that it must be painful.  We had tea and yum yum cakes at Waitrose before returning home.  This evening Sara and I went to Parkwood to use the pool and steam room - the latter in the hope of clearing our chests as we both have very chesty coughs at the moment.  Now typing up my blog for the last three days whilst Sara watches Rev. and is chuckling at some other comedy programme on the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment