Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Back to Work Tuesday

Back to some normality this morning except that Mary is really feeling unwell and did not go to school today.  Thom is back at Peter Symonds College and I took him to the Wallops this morning.  Sara was working after a spell at the gym and I stayed at home today going through a mountain of mail and paying bills.  Over the last few days I have not opened much mail and so set to, with gusto, to see what the postman had brought.  Quite a lot of paper ended up being shredded or placed in the recycle bin and I had a clear out of quite a lot of documents which had been littering my desk. It was a reasonably productive day and I ascertained that it would no longer be possible for Thom and I to have our season ticket seats in the Family Enclosure (Thom having reached 17 but he is still entitled to a concession - albeit it will be twice the price of a Junior's ticket and my ticket will go up by £80 outside of the Family Enclosure.  We would be looking to move to the Chapel Stand behind the goal but need to think seriously whether we can afford it.  Part of me thinks that the club is pricing its fans away but the other part of me recognises that Saturday afternoons at St. Mary's with Thom are incredibly important.  I suspect we will find the money from somewhere for the this year at least but it may be that Saturdays may turn into golf days if Thom can maintain his interest. In fact tonight he and I went back to Grateley to hit a few balls on the driving range - he really is getting the hang of it but needs to slow his swing down a bit. We went for a drink afterwards at the pub in Grateley. It would be really good if he enjoys his golf long term and I am sure the money we could save from the football would easily pay for membership of a club or green fees. Back home I wrote up the minutes from the last Lodge meeting (only two more to write up before I will have handed this task over) and sent out agendas, minutes and dining slips to the members and guests.  Tomorrow it will be a day at Sarum College working on my funeral assignment and writing up my journal which is now somewhat behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment