Thursday, April 24, 2014

Food Poverty

I didn't sleep at all well last night - so many things running through my mind - and feeling very under the weather.  I took Thom to The Wallops at the later time of 9.15 a.m. and spent the morning at home doing on jobs like weeding the front drive - the weeds have shot up with the alternating rain and warm weather. Sara went into work for most of the day.  This lunchtime (1pm - 3 pm) I attended a meeting at the Salisbury Conservative Constituency Office with a representative of Church Action on Poverty and representatives of the other faith groups in the city to discuss a proposed Inquiry into food poverty in the UK - to be looked at specifically in various places including Salisbury.  An important event which will need much planning. As the chaplain to the Albare Place drop in centre I have been asked to be involved in the process and will be pleased to help - although today with lack of sleep I do not feel as enthused as I might otherwise have been.  I drove Doug G and myself down to Bournemouth this evening to attend the Sarum Night meeting of Boscombe Lodge No. 2158 where they had a live First Degree Ceremony.  Being the closest meeting day to St. George's Day we had the usual themed dinner (and same food) which consisted of Fiery Broth (oxtail soup with chillis), steak and ale pie, bread and butter pudding with clotted cream and cheese and biscuits.  I left a good deal of the soup and removed the pie crust from the steak and ale pie.  I resisted the clotted cream and didn't touch the cheese tonight. Such a contrast (leaving food) after attending a meeting about food poverty earlier today.  I was so tired this evening that I actually dropped off in the meeting itself.  I arrived back home at 11 p.m. and Sara and I watched a programme on Monty Python during which she also nodded off.  I need to good night's sleep tonight in order to feel better as I really feel tired and low tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment