Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Monday - Back on the Golf Course

The weather was quite oppressive today.  Quite a physical day too - Sara and I went to the Fiotness Centre where I walked 2 miles on the treadmill and rowed one kilometre and then went to pool and swam a few lengths.  Sara went off to try and find some shoes to buy and I met up with her later at Waitrose for a free coffee and sticky cake (putting back on all those calories I had burnt up!).  We both went to Matalan where I bought a couple of shirts and some trousers and Sara bought shoes which suited her (having failed to find any others in town).  Back home I mowed the bank which was quite heavy work and afterwards took Thom to Grateley to play a round of golf on the Par 3 course there.  I think he has a natural gift for golf and with some practice think he will be able to play well - certainly much better than me.  I started to play at his age (or a year or so later) when I went to Liverpool and bought my first clubs from Woolworth's - saving up my weekend job to purchase clubs as and when I could afford it.  He seems to really enjoy it and it would be good to get him really interested.  Back home I phoned James to see whether he would like to go for a drink with Richard and myself but he was not available.  I met up with Richard in the Lion's Head at 9.15 p.m. and had a really good talk about quite a number of things which are affecting our lives at the moment - we are both facing some changes ahead especially Richard who will be moving to Poole in a couple of month's time.  I will really miss our Sunday evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment