Friday, April 04, 2014

Just a Minute

Up early this morning and off to the Grasmere House Hotel for the Ambassadors' Business Breakfast at which we had a very good presentation from Simon Ward, the photographer.  Following this I visited the Boundary Coffee Shop in Alderbury as I was conscious that I hadn't seen some of my old friends from there to whom I have, until recently, been preaching and leading in worship.  I did get an opportunity to speak briefly to Elizabeth, the Team Vicar, who seems very busy at present and also quickly to Anne T.  Mike M (who had been at last night's House Group) joined me for coffee and we chatted until about 11.30 a.m. when I went off to Alabare Place to undertake my chaplaincy duties.  I had a long private session with one of our newest residents who has a faith and with whom I was able to share some prayer with.  The usual "suspects" were in today and the time passed very quickly.  Confidentiality prevents me from saying any more in this blog.  I called in at Parkwood on the way home and spent an hour there - partly in the gym where I watched the end of the film "Porridge"  whilst on the treadmill - it's a great idea to watch a film as you are constantly doing exercise without really realising it! - and then down to the pool where I used the sauna, steam room and spa.  I didn't use the pool today as it seemed to be filled with children with their parents and it would have been difficult to do any serious swimming. Back home I was given a showing of Thom's JAM video which is his entry for a college competition.  It is truly excellent and can be viewed on YouTube. Here is the link to it : http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=just+a+minute+thom.  I challenge you not to cry!  This evening Richard and I decided to go for a drink outside Winterslow.  We called in, first of all, at the Black Horse in West Tytherley which was crammed full and so we went to the pub in Lockerley (the King's Arms). There was plenty of room to sit in the restaurant area (the bar was again full) but shortly after we arrive a live band struck up.  I had one pint of lemonade and lime (Richard was pleased to see that they had Doombar) and we drove back into Winterslow and finished the evening at the Lord Nelson.

No comments:

Post a Comment