Thursday, April 10, 2014

Border Chapter Installation at Ludgershall

After my day off yesterday I spent this morning in the study writing letters, paying bills and generally working.  There was no morning Office at St. Francis's this morning as both Paul, the vicar and Tom, the curate are on holiday.  I had a text message at lunchtime from a former colleague at work wanting to discuss a personal issue and so I arranged to meet him in Waitrose's café for an hour or so in the early afternoon.  This also gave me an opportunity to go to the Halifax Bank to bank a cheque received for the supply of  bible study books for the local church which I had obtained at a discount through my student membership of Sarum College. We sat and talked about hid issue over a couple of free cups of coffee and afterwards he left seemingly much happier for the opportunity to discuss his situation.  I raced back home and changed into my Masonic clothing and drove to Ludgershall for the Installation meeting of Border Chapter.  It was a good meeting with many senior Freemasons from the Province in attendance.  I sat on a table at the Festive board with other members of my Wiltshire chapter (Stonehenge) and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.  I was the guest of the incoming Z (Dave Henery the former Provincial Grand Registrar) who I learned owned a race horse which will be running at Cheltenham next week.  I will look out for it with a view to, perhaps, having a little "flutter".  Fantastic evening in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment