Saturday, April 05, 2014

Then there were two!

I hoisted the Union flag this morning to mark the 26th anniversary of the death of Sara's Mum. This was followed really lazy day today - a day off and after such a hectic week I deliberately decided to spend some time "chillaxing".  It was also Grand National Day so Mary and I went into Amesbury to visit William hill and between the four of us we chose 6 horses to back - each way of course.  After I had placed the bets we went to Costa Coffee on Solstice Park to find all the car parks full - we noticed a long traffic jam of cars going westwards (presumably on their way to Devon and Cornwall) and so quite a few had decided to make a break at Amesbury where there are many food outlets - costa, KFC, Pizza Hut, Harvesters, MacDonald's etc.  On our way back we listened to the football match at the Etihad Stadium between Manchester City and Southampton.  City were awarded a penalty in the second minute.  Back home I watched the rest of the match with Thom - it ended 4-1 to City with Rodriguez being stretchered off.  This could mean the end to his hopes of playing for England in Brazil in a few months' time.  We watched the horse racing from Liverpool (Aintree) and particularly the gruelling Grand National.  Only two of our six horses finished - Thom's came in fifth and mine was fourteenth. The winner was the 25/1 horse Pineau De Re. Of the 40 horses that started, only 18 finished.  No requirement to go back to Amesbury's William Hill branch!  This evening I finalised my Intercessions Assignment and it was emailed to my tutor with two and a half hours to spare (it is due in today).  This is very good for me as my assignments are usually in late.  Jennifer who is marking it is a very tough marker so I don't expect anything great.  Feeling a bit down this evening as still uncertain about my ministerial future and tomorrow Sara and I will be going to different churches which I always find a bit difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment