Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday - Farewell to St. Francis's

A joyous yet sad day today - we celebrate the risen Christ but also it is my last day at St. Francis's on placement.  I attended both the 9.30 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. services this morning where I was brought up to the front and interviewed about how my placement had gone. I presented the two humorous books to Paul and Tom who both seemed really delighted with these small tokens of gratitude.  Tom and I have agreed to be friends on Facebook and will keep in touch and I had a pleasant chat with Paul after the service. We shall miss each other's company but life marches on.  James and family attended the 11.00 a.m. service so there were six of us from Winterslow in the congregation this morning. I assisted Paul and Tom with the distribution of the bread and wine (Tom and I distributed the wine) to well over 150 people.  A big service.  I likened the end of the service (and also felt emotionally too) as similar to the last session of Spring Harvest when you have enjoyed the intense spirituality of the event but now know its time to move back to where you come from.  I have quite a few pieces of Academic work to conclude and will spend May concentrating on that.  Tonight the children wanted to go to Poole to the greyhound racing and so I took Thom and Mary down there.  Thom had a winner in the first race (£8.90) and I had a winner in the last (£31.60).  Mary had another barren night and so I shared my winnings with them (£10 each).  That way we all came away feeling that we had had a reasonable night out.  It only cost us £4 to get in (all of us including the purchase of a race card).  Mary is too young to be charged an adult rate and I am too old so we only had to pay £1 for Thom and £3 for the race card.  A  cheap and entertaining night out.  Not sure where a night of gambling stands as far as Christian Ethics is concerned!

No comments:

Post a Comment