Monday, April 14, 2014

Eating Kebabs for Jesus!

Another week - this time Holy Week and the last week for me at St. Francis's.  I will feel extremely sad to be leaving this lovely benefice next Sunday but in the meantime will enjoy this week.  Attended Morning Prayer at St. Francis's and then spent the rest of the morning at Sarum College library which was quite full.  I was going to take out the Book of Mormon for study but found that I could download the whole book as an app. on my iPad so was able to put the book back on the shelf. I did manage to complete most of the text for the Night Sky article for the magazine and completed the map at home this afternoon.  Klynn phoned Sara suggesting that he and I meet up and I rang him back to let him know that Paul, the vicar, Tom the curate, Colin the churchwarden and a few others from St. Francis's were going on a "pub crawl" in Salisbury tonight and he was welcome to join us.  A pub crawl in Lent seems a rather crazy thing to do (Tom and I were both on cokes) but it was being held because the Men's Breakfast had been cancelled for some reason and Tom felt obliged to replace it with something.  In the end there were about 15 of us in all from the church and we joked about being found in a compromising situation by the street pastors for whom we frequently pray! It was good to have Klynn's company after such a long time and we have agreed that we must see much more of each other.  Since leaving the local Anglican church for the Baptists our paths seldom cross now. Klynn also enjoyed the company of the St. Francis's "gang" as did I.  We ended up getting kebabs from Popeye's - the perfect end to a perfect lad's night out.  We are often told in scripture to take risks - I think having a kebab whilst stone cold sober was such. It was good to spend some time with Michael Neave whom Sara had recruited for Friends Provident many years ago and we mused on the fact that Sara was the common denominator which brought us three together here with the St. Francis's gang.   A great night out with no "after-effects" from the kebab!  I ended the night watching the recorded episode of Rev. which seems to be getting darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment