Friday, April 25, 2014

Al Murray's view on the Sexes!

On duty at Alabare this morning but before going I popped into Parkwood to use the pool and steam room - I had intended to use the gym and swim but time didn't really allow for this.  My time at the Drop-In Centre was a bit restricted today as I had to be back home to change into my dinner suit to attend a Masonic dinner at Highworth, north of Swindon - in fact, Highworth is the most northerly of all the Masonic centres in Wiltshire Province.  The weather today was pretty dire - heavy rain this afternoon and the journey to Highworth was appalling. I was trapped in a long queue (for one mile) entering Marlborough and again at the interchange with the M4.  I have, however, found a way of avoiding that interchange by following some cars which seemed to know a short cut and with helpful confirmation from my SatNav I was able to get onto the A419 with relative ease.  I arrived in Highworth with about ten minutes to go before the meeting but then got hopelessly lost on a housing estate with endless (well in fact they did end!) cul-de-sacs and eventually arrived at the venue five minutes late.  It seemed, however, that two important members of the Provincial Team had also had similar problems and so I was able to enter the lodge room ahead of the main event of the evening starting - the installation of a new worshipful master. The meeting was being held at a Community Centre which was itself a labrynth of rooms and corridors.  A good meeting with an excellent roast lamb dinner to follow.  I sat with a number of other reigning masters and had a good night.  The journey home was quicker than going although I did meet with fog as I got nearer to Andover and arrived home at around 11.15 p.m.  Sara and I stayed up to watch Al Murray sermonising on the differences between women (X) and men (Y).  X apparently signifies mystery, the unknown, etc. whereas for men the Y signifies WHY!!!!!????  Despite the colourful language, I thought his explanation and exposition of the differences between men and women very true (as well as amusing!)    

No comments:

Post a Comment