Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Reflections

Today is the first of two residential days at Sarum College as part of my ongoing Lay Ministry Formation Training.  all the students from all years met in the college chapel this morning for morning Prayer after which we went off into our own individual groups.  Today I spent the whole day on Session 3 of Theological reflection (Level 5) - a subject I really feel draining.  I have never been, by nature, a particularly reflective person but one thing this training has done over the past two years is to turn me into one.  Over the last few weeks I have done a considerable amount of reflection and feel quite drained.  Whilst I think it can be a help in trying to solve problems it can take the problem to a deeper level too and over analysis can be a problem.  Having said that, I think it can also help clarify issues and simplify the problem too - its such a pity that the process is so complicated!  In spending today and tomorrow here at Sarum College, I have missed one of the best football games at St. Mary's this year - Saints v. Everton.  Sara took Thom and his friend Callum into Southampton and Callum sat in my seat.  It was really good for him to take a friend and with a 2-0 win over Everton, it was a really good day out for them.  Tonight I spoke briefly to Sara on the telephone before going down to the bar for a few glasses of wine with fellow students - two of whom are having problems themselves in their parishes.  A good night of chin-wagging which helped us all.  I think that the evening in the bar is, without doubt, the highlight of the weekend and, as Sara has said, where most work gets done!

No comments:

Post a Comment