Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

This year I joined the procession of the Salisbury Churches Together (St. Thomas's, St. Francis's, St. Paul's, St. Mark's etc.) from the West Front of the Cathedral to the Guildhall via the Poultry Cross - handing our hot cross buns and balloons to passing shoppers with biblical readings and hymns along the way.  A really great witness.  It was amazing just how many people I now know from the different churches and whilst I joined the St. Francis's group I could easily have joined others.  I was actually joined by James from Winterslow who is now regularly worshipping at St. Francis's and we walked from the High Street to the Guildhall and afterwards had coffee together in Costa coffee in the Market Square.  This afternoon I attended the Good Friday service at St. Francis's which was jointly led by the curate, Tom, and the lay minister, Ida.  Following the service I went for a swim and steam room at Parkwood before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment