Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Saints Saved!!

I hoisted the French tricolor this morning to mark Tom's second full day in France. For me it was a second and final day in Dorking this week - the next two days I shall be in Salisbury. I arrived in the office after a good journey, stopping only once at Popham to refuel. I was actually making the round trip of 160 miles today for two meetings - both of which were cancelled after I arrived!! How annoying. Still, I was able to make good use of the time and fitted in a third meeting which, in all honesty, could have been done by telephone from Salisbury. It also meant that I could listen to the latest news about the proposed takeover of Southampton Football Club on the radio on the way up, and listen to the ball by ball commentary on the Ashes First Test on the way back. So there is always a silver lining. The news was confirmed mid-afternoon that the administrator of Southampton Leisure Holdings plc had successfully negotiated a sale of the football club to a Swiss billionaire, Markus Liebherr who has made his money from the manufacture and sale of heavy construction equipment. Unfortunately, we have lost three of our best players who couldn't wait to see the outcome of the negotiations - Kelvin Davis, Andrew Surman and David McGoldrick. England have made a good start to the First Test - at close of play they were 336 for 7. Tonight, Sara and I watch Collateral, a Tom Cruise thriller filmed in Los Angeles. It seems such a long time ago since we sat down together to watch a film Such a luxury. I shall shortly be going to bed after I've viewed the fifth and final session of the Steve Chalke DVD - The Apprentice - ready for tomorrow's House Group. I have also taken the opportunity to send Simon at STT some details about money laundering legislation.

No comments:

Post a Comment