Thursday, July 30, 2009

Farewell to Hilary; Hello to Holiday

Woke at 7.00 a.m. and made tea for Sara and me. Hoisted the St. George's flag today as it was the anniversary of England's 4-2 victory over West Germany in the 1966 World Cup as well as it being the first day of the Third Ashes Test at Edgbaston. I arrived at the Salisbury office at 8.15 a.m. and was able to get one of the last two remaining car parking spaces. I had a bacon roll and a latte before having a long one and a half hour meeting with Serena. I spent the rest of the morning completing our Monthly Report. I also managed to get our flight to Lanzarote brought forward by four hours which will give us plenty of time to settle into our resort. I also confirmed to the exchange company my booking of the Club Tahiti resort for the week we want. So, all is now arranged for our second overseas holiday of the year. I lunched on a chicken curry with Andy G and then spent the afternoon with another meeting and dealing with more outsourcing queries. I went across to the Avon pub after work to have a drink with Hilary and her colleagues. Like Sara, Hilary is leaving after many years service with the company. I shall really miss her as we have worked together well over quite a number of years, visiting the north of England and Northern Ireland on disputed claims issues. Sara is, tonight, with Mary at the Brownie Camp and Tom and I are on our own. We had a very small House Group this evening, just me, Dawn and Ivan. We had a bit of a rambling meeting chatting about many things but we did look at some of the recent readings from The Word for Today - especially about grace and honesty. Tom has been very good tonight and cooked his own supper of tinned spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment