Sunday, July 19, 2009

Half Blood Prince

Woke at around 7.30 a.m. today and realising it was a Sunday, let Sara make tea as I thought about getting up. We attended the 9.30 a.m. Parish Eucharist at All Saints which was presided over by Cynthia. Tom and I took up the Elements to the alter. Cynthia's theme of her sermon was stress and the need for all Christians to take time out from their busy and difficult schedules to find time to be with themselves and God. We returned home after a hurried coffee (there was a Team Baptism Service at 11.15 a.m. and I burned some DVD discs for Linda as part of the "Back to Church" campaign and started to write up my Night Sky article for the Parish Magazine. After a lunch of pizza we then all drove into Salisbury in my car to see the latest Harry Potter movies (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) a very long and dark film with some good moments of humour and tragedy. We left the cinema at 4.30 p.m. and went back home for a roast chicken dinner. Whilst Sara was cooking this I mowed the bank during which it started to rain. I also took the recorded DVDs on Back to Church to Linda. After dinner I finished off writing my article for the Parish Magazine and then went off to the Lions Head for a jar or two with Richard and Klynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment