Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleepless in Wiltshire

I can't have had more than two hours sleep last night. Having been to the pub for the quiz I let Sara go up to bed first whilst I completed the blog. I found it difficult to get to sleep and every time I started to drift off I seemed to be greeted by snoring from Sara which I feared would wake up the whole close - never mind just keeping me awake. In desperation and at around 2.20 a.m. I went down to the car, got out my sleeping bag and then tried to settle down to sleep in the family room on the couch. I eventually must have nodded off to be awoken at 5.30 a.m. by my alarm. I showered, made tea and then set off for Dorking, arriving there a little after 9.00 a.m. for a meeting at 10 a.m.. I worked through my lunch hour and ate a crayfish salad I had prepared at home that morning and brought in with me. The afternoon was taken up with more meetings until 5.00 p.m. and I finally left the office just before 6.00 p.m. I journeyed back the same route I had taken this morning - Guildford, Farnham, Winchester along the A31. I managed to listen to "Sorry I haven't a Clue" hosted this week from Newcastle by Rob Bryden. I also managed to listen to part of the first movement of Schubert's Great C Major Symphony (no. 9) on Radio 3. I haven't heard that piece in a long time and it was good to remember just what a great composition it is. Tonight Sara cooked a chicken stir fry which was very tasty and we discussed colour schemes for the children's bathroom. It is only about 9.30 p.m. as I write this but my eyes are sore and heavy and I will shortly go up to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment