Monday, July 27, 2009

One Back; Another Gone!

I worked from home today. I woke at around 7 a.m. this morning and gently dozed for another hour before finally getting up just after 8 a.m. It had been a late night again last night with Klynn not going home until around 11.30 p.m. I found a single tea bag (obtained from a hotel by the looks of it) and made myself a cuppa. No morning can properly start without one! The hotspot wi-fi was working again today so I was able to connect to the office IT system and deal with my emails. I had a number of phone calls - notably from Serena and Teresa - and emails which lead me to believe that there is an awful lot of work to be done and more changes and challenges on the way. I reviewed some more compromise agreements and spent much of the day reviewing a chunky health claim dispute file. A pleasant relief from so much human resources/employment law stuff. This morning Mary busied herself preparing for her five day Brownie Camp break and I helped her tick off the list of things she needs. She is so organised and focused. Tom spent most of the day with his WarHammer models. Sara arrived back at around 11.30 a.m. and took over the supervision of Mary's packing - much relief to me. Sara was refreshed after her break but found me in a low mood with so much work and work issues which concern me. She has left all that behind now. Sara was only in the house for about an hour when she had to zoom off again to take Mary back into the depths of Hampshire for her pack holiday. I am the only one, now, who hasn't had a break. This evening Sara cooked us Cajun chicken and pasta. Absolutely delicious! We seem to have been living off chicken for the last five days! Good job we all like it. I also mowed the lawns (front and back) and whilst cutting the back lawn it started to rain heavily. I carried on as I found the rain very refreshing and I reflected on my life - where I had come from and where I was going on my mortal journey. I have much to be thankful for but still feel low at the moment. I printed off a few remaining pages of the parish magazine for Sara. It is going to be a bit late this month. There are still some pages which need printing and so Sara will have to visit the Team Office and see Linda as I did on Friday. I am feeling really tired again tonight so will turn in. I am really missing Mary. She is such wonderful company with a giant personality. A world without Mary is just unthinkable. It's incredible to comprehend that once we didn't think we would ever have a second child. I think I'll read a few pages of Adrian Plass before I do. I know that will cheer me up. I am feeling even lower now as what you are reading is the second version of today's blog - the first version - equally long - disappearing into the ether or wherever text goes when you click on the wrong wrong button with your mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment